About ACO Certification Ltd
ACO Certification Ltd (Previously Australian Certified Organic) is Australia’s largest certifier for organic and biodynamic produce and has over 2000 operators within its certification system.
ACO provides certification services to operators from all sectors of the organic industry. Certification ensures compliance with national and international production standards and allows trace back of all products to their origin.
ACO’s certification program and protocols are approved, accredited, and recognised with the:
Department of Agriculture & Water Resources Australia
US Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Japan Ministry for Agriculture Forestry & Fisheries
ACO obtains financial support by providing certification services to clients in line with the ACO Certification fee schedule.
ACO is ISO17065 certified company that provides certification to the National and International organic certification standards including the Australian Certified Organic Standards (ACOS) to enable certified operators to use the Bud Logo. The Australian Certified Organic logo (known as the ‘bud’) is Australia’s organic industry’s leading logo. It carries with it the ability to market organic produce on both domestic and international markets with confidence and market advantage. The logo is well recognised both in Australia, and now in increasingly key areas such as Asia, Europe and the US. Having the largest market share means that organic certification is now becoming synonymous with certification and the bud logo – visit the markets, retailers, or even your supermarket chains such as Coles & Woolworths to see!
Our clients include certified operators in the Pacific, South East Asia and Japan, as well as in all states and territories of Australia. ACO clients, large and small, represent all sectors in the organic industry – from primary producers, processors and exporters to retailers and wholesalers.
ACO Board, Management, and Staff is committed to upholding and ensuring all certification activities are carried out with adherence to the highest standards of integrity, impartiality and objectivity. This commitment is also instilled in all of ACO’s staff which ensure they perform certification activities to these high standards.
Reasons why You Should Choose ACO Certification Ltd
- Market access: ACO provides market advantage based on compliance to some of the highest standards available for organic worldwide: Australia, Europe and Taiwan (Department of Agriculture and Water Resources), Japan (JAS), US (USDA NOP), International (IFOAM), Korea and others.
- CHOICE: Award winner for transparency, recognition and trust: ACO is the winner of the CHOICE Award for Best Food Endorsement Program in 2010 based upon the transparency of the program and its recognition and trust within industry and by consumers.
- Technical support: ACO offers highly qualified and skilled management, auditors and certification staff for ensuring you have the best support and backing of your certification program.
- Industry/ commercial support: ACO provides invaluable market insights for ACO clients including trade links, organic information, networking opportunities, market research and more.
- Experience: Established in 1987, ACO has over 30 years’ experience working specifically for the organic industry.
- Combined farm safety certification: Having Freshcare trained auditors enables ACO to provide savings for clients requiring both organic and farm safety certification.
- Biggest database of Allowed Inputs and Suppliers: ACO has the most comprehensive database of certified operators, products, Allowed Inputs, contract processors, cosmetic manufacturers, and approved ingredients.
- Professional friendly staff: ACO’s efficient and friendly staff hold respect for your operation and products and will do whatever they can do to give you the best and most professional service possible.